After some funky attempts at a seat bag for the bikepacking setup, I finally managed to put together something that works. After a tough shakedown ride I’m pretty happy with the results.

Version 1.0 had some shape issues. Fabric pulling in funky directions.
Current Version made some changes to the volume/shape and how the straps support the bag.

I’m getting better at sewing, with fewer seams to tear apart and a faster construction. Still plenty to learn though. I used Dimension Polyant material for its light weight and durability. It seems to be the standard for bikepacking bags and many technical backpacks.

I also made some modifications to the handlebar bag I previously put together. Larger volume, better material, and packs everything I need. Next up is a second iteration of the fuel cell/toptube bag, and a frame bag.

About these ads