Alright, yesterday I finished the tamper, turning out the handle portion. It ended up a bit shorter than I would have liked it but it was the stock we had laying around. All in all, I turned out nice, with a heavy feel and a good fit in the basket. Coincidently, the seals for the La Pavoni arrived yesterday as well. Switch them out, fire it up and take it for a pull. The beans I roasted that made such a nice press pot, don’t make an equally nice espresso but technically speaking everything went pretty well, pulling a shot in around 22 seconds. The weight of the tamper gives it a very solid feel as it is compacting the puck, andthe fit is spot on, leaving a nice surface.

The last shot looks a bit anorexic in the crema department, probably because of the bean. I’ve also got to make a new base plate.

Advertisements